Thursday, September 10, 2009

cameraless filmmaking so far...

So far, I am enjoying the camera less filmmaking. It is another cool way to make films. The different ways to create films without a camera are neat. It lets you do almost anything to the stock to create almost anything. I like how you can use magazines, newspaper, tape, and water to create interesting patterns on film. I had made a sentence out of magazine clippings when we were working on it in class. I cut out several words out and made a sentence, but it the film went by fast and I didn’t see it. I was hoping it would not have gone by so fast that I would have been able to see a glimpse of it as it went by. I did manage to see some of the piece of the film that I had put my tape on. I knew about scratching the film stock, but it still interest me how you can create a lot of patterns and other things just by scratching. I have not got the chance to paint on the film stock yet, but will get to try it out tonight in class. Processing the film in the dark room was very cool. It was pretty neat to work in the dark with the red light, and placing the objects on the film. Then you flash the film with light to expose the film stock. Then you place the stock in the developer for a few seconds then you put it in the fixture, and then rinse it off in ware, I believe that’s the correct order. Then you let it dry. The items that I put on the film stock made interesting designs. I put salt, pepper, rice, sugar, paperclips, a dime, little gold things, blue glass pebbles, and parsley on the film stock. I believe that I am going to do this again, but I am not sure, I would enjoy doing this again with different items to see what different designs and effects that I will get.
There is probable many different ways to manipulate film that we have not talked about in class. There is probable many different ways that even people that manipulated film for a living and/or hobby that they do not even know. I would like to learn more techniques in class to manipulate film in the future to help me with future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment