Saturday, September 19, 2009

response to wells

Wells comparison of the two types of animation are good, in my opinion. He broke down the essay into an easy format to follow. I like the orthodox animation out of the two. Film and movies are entertainment to me. I believe that was the main objective in the early years of film. I like a story in my films, wether animation or not.

I like a good story in my animation, not flashing color, or shapes of colors making useless shapes and don't really do anything, but try to perceive you to see the author's interpretation of the film or your own. I like it to be in black in white. I don't want to watch an experimental film that makes me have to go to the restroom because of the pattern and objects on the screen, although it would be funny to play this video to a group of people and watch them all run to the restroom at the same time, if there was a experimental film that actually makes people go to the restroom.

At the moment, I will not make too many experimental animation films, because i am not too interested in it, but i enjoy goofing around and watch what what came out of it. I don't care to much of there being a message or thought behind the screen. I like to see how cool the film looks.

I do agree with Wells that orthodox animation has unity of style, because you would not want the film to change style half way through the film while you are enjoying the story of the movie, it would be distracting. When you are watching a cartoon series and each week the style change in each episode, it be cool to do every once in a blue moon.

There is no absence of artist in an orthodox animation. The animation is the work of an artist, unless it is done by a computer, RISE OF THE MACHINES!!!! The way the film is drawn is the artist talent, it may not be what some people consider "talent", but i seen some animation films that look like they were made by my goats.

Thats all i got to say about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment